How to become a member of Cowboy Way Church
People who desire to become a member of Cowboy Way Church with the purpose of being active and contributing parts of the family of God that meets together at this location should do the following:
1. Be true believers and followers of Jesus Christ:
- Believe that they are sinners and that their sins separate them form God.
- Believe that Jesus is the ONLY Son of God, born of a virgin, that He lived on this earth without any sin, that He died on the cross to pay the penalty for their sins, that He rose again three days later, that He sits at the right hand of the Father, and that He is coming again one day.
- Believe that there is no other way to the Father or to salvation, except through Jesus Christ.
- Ask Jesus to forgive them of their sins and to come into their lives to be their Lord and Savior, knowing that He cannot be one without being the other also.
- Be pursuing their relationship with Jesus and doing all they can to obey Him and His commandments.
2. Decide if this Body of Believers is the place that God has told them to join.
- Spend time in prayer, seeking the Lord’s guidance, and decide about whether they are to join this fellowship or not, and come to the definite conclusion that God is telling them to join.
- Read the Statements of Belief found on this website or at the church and make sure that they hold to the same beliefs.
- Ensure that they agree with and will submit to the organizational structure (system of spiritual authority) of this body of believers: Jesus is the Head, then Governing Elders with the Apostolic Governing Elder as Lead Elder. There are also Advisory Elders who pray and fast so they can give Holy Spirit-lead biblical advice and guidance to the Governing Elders.
3. Come to the altar at the time the invitation is given at the end of each Sunday morning worship service and let one of the Prayer Team members know that they want to join. They will then be presented to the congregation as one who is wanting to join. They will be given a Covenant of Fellowship Agreement to read and sign. The purpose of the agreement form is to lay out what a church member is.
If you have any questions about what any of this means, please feel free to call the church office at 817-832-5865, and one of the pastors will be more than happy to explain anything to you. If you are a first time guest please visit our First Time Guest page.